"2020 Continue to Keep Emerald Hills Green" is to create a unified
voice opposing the proposed development, and to advocate these oppositions to
the City of Hollywood leadership & Broward County Commissioners in an
effort to maintain all existing land use and zoning.
Focus & Priorities for the residents of Emerald Hills & surrounding areas
1. Maintaining current level of density: our Emerald Hills community has been adapting to the increase in traffic and density as it has increased in the past several years. This proposed development project would mean an extremely significant increase in the population density and traffic that would make it unmanageable.
2. Maintaining property values: Homeowners who have purchased property in Emerald Hills expect to maintain property values based on the existing composition of the neighborhood. In order to maintain values, or increase values, the current redevelopment proposition would defeat that purpose.
3. Protect Green Space: We value the golf course both for its views and the opportunity for outdoor activity. Many of our residents moved to the area for the opportunity to be a member of this golf and country club.
Just look at this unobstructed view of that lovely green golf course. We enjoy it in one way but the wildlife also get pleasure from it too. Look at this small family of ducks. We also have many iguana & cranes. While WE are advocating for ourselves, we MUST ALSO ADVOCATE for these beautiful creatures as well. Help us to insure that for generations to come we and the wildlife get to enjoy this peaceful, non-congested, safe, green environment.
4. Preserve overall community feel: Our homeowners are proud to be living in a family friendly community among the already well populated community. There are already a significant number of private homes, gated communities, condos and rental apartments in the Emerald Hills community.
Plan of Action: a committee has been formed to put together a plan to ensure that the The Club at Emerald Hills remain a high quality golf course property that provides benefits not only to the membership but to all of Hollywood.
The following strategies will be implemented:
1. An online petition has been created demanding that the City of Hollywood deny any request to change the land use or zoning, and deny any application for special exemption. The property is currently zoned as country club and its land use is open space and recreational.
2. The committee will solicit membership that is aligned with the petition. The purpose of the membership will be to show support from the community. No funds are currently being sought for membership, though, based on need that may change in the future.
What happens when I sign